Preston Terrace, Preston Village
This terrace of seven houses was built at the beginning of the nineteenth century and is a good example of the town house architecture prominent in those days. The more observant among us will notice that the houses are numbered 2 to 8, number 1 having been demolished in 1938 to enable North road to be widened and straightened. The largest house in the terrace, number 6, housed in the 1920's and early 1930's the Preston Workmen's Social Club and Institute. It is rather ironic when one considers that the same house was home, 10 years earlier to the Reverand Charles Stanley, a Baptist minister. The club has long since disappeared and number 6 has returned to its original use.
The roadway in front of Preston Terrace leads to a track known as: Whitehouse Lane